The Athletic Committee want to wish all of our athletes the best of luck in all our our school sports this season. If any parent or guardian is interested in earning service hours, please contact Patty Samborski or any of our Athletic Committee Members to discuss our available options.
We invite our students, athletes, coaches, parents, faculty and staff to visit our website throughout the year for information, directions, highlights, and much more!
All St. Eugene Staff members & coaches have completed the CDC Concussion Training. Parents may find information at the linked website below.
We, the Athletic Committee of St. Eugene believe in the following philosophy:
- We believe that the athletic program should be integrated in the Catholic-Christian tradition of our school.
- We believe the student participants should act in a way that encourages the positive performance of their teammates rather than react to the misfortunes of their opponents.
- We believe in a selection process and guidelines for the coaching staff that promotes and encourages their professionalism and good sportsmanship.
- We believe in assisting the spectators in acquiring a perspective of the place of the athletic program in an elementary school and the emphasis on the need for them to set a good example.
- We believe that the athletic program complements the academic program.
- We believe in cooperating with the school principal in developing a system to decide eligibility of a student based on academic progress and Christian behavior.
- We believe in team competition that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance, however, never at the expense of any of either team's student athletes.
- We believe that the school administration and this committee have the right and responsibility to make decisions that will contribute to the well-being and safety of the students in our athletic program.
- We believe in recommending and implementing policies that support the total development of the child.