The School Advisory Committee (SAC) is a leadership group where members are elected or appointed to the Committee each spring. The purpose of SAC is to assist in the development of the policies which govern the operation of Saint Eugene School, to promote the implementation of said policies, and to provide counsel and advice in the operation of the school.
Areas of Responsibility: School Advisory Committee Members
The advisory board is a leadership group within the ministry of Catholic schooling. As such, the responsibilities include:
- Modeling faith community in a spirit of cooperation and interdependence with the pastor and principal.
- Adhering to Archdiocesan policy and developing policies that enable the school to fulfill its mission.
- Assisting the pastor in the search and selection of the principal when a vacancy occurs.
- Participating in the Archdiocesan Principal Self-Assessment and Evaluation process.
- Reviewing and advising on the school budget, tuition rates and other sources of financing.
- Developing and periodically reviewing the board constitution and bylaws.
- Participating in the school’s development, student recruitment efforts and long-range plans.
- Acting as the public relations and marketing arm of the school and its programs.
- Participating in ongoing board inservice both at the Archdiocesan and local level.
- Evaluating annually the board’s effectiveness, productivity and internal operations.
- Directing individuals and/or groups to appropriate resources for conflict resolution.
- Participating, upon request, in the School Improvement Process.
- Monitoring the implementation of the recommendations of the School Improvement Plan.
- Supporting the efforts of local legislative action.
SAC Officer terms are three years, and the maximum term of any SAC member is two terms. The School Advisory Board consists of Father George Koeune as the ex-officio member, Dr. Brown as the executive office, as well as the following officers: Margaret Kinel, President, Fran Lynch, Vice-President and Treasurer, and Jennifer Ahrens, Secretary. Other Advisory members include Christine Acierno, Michael Crimmins, Tracy Dolce, Joe Larucci, Susie McGovern, Maria Novak, and Vince Santucci.
Additionally, there are the following sub-committees within the School Advisory Committee: Marketing, Promotions, Volunteer Recruitment, Yearbook, Legislative Action, and Development Committee. Did you know that you can be a member of a sub-committee without making the full commitment of being a SAC member? Please contact the office and a SAC member will return your call.
The School Advisory Committee generally meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in Room 110 of the school. Guests are always welcome as attending is a great way to keep abreast of all the current affairs of our school. Also, starting this year, the meetings’ agendas as well as approved minutes will be posted on our school website www.steugene-school.org.